Non-NHS and Private Services
You do not require a doctor’s sickness certificate for any illness lasting less than 7 days. Your employer may, however, require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or from reception. For any illness lasting longer than 7 days, you will need to see the doctor for him/her to issue a sickness certificate (F.med.3) and for any subsequent renewal of the certificate.
Non NHS Services
Certain services carried out by the Practice are not covered by the NHS. Special appointments must be made for these services and a fee is payable. For details of the up-to-date charges, please ask at reception or see Private Fees. Examples of these services are:
- Elderly driver medical for insurance company.
- Fitness to undertake certain sporting activities.
- Fitness to travel.
- Medical examination for insurance company.
- Medical reports taken from patient notes (with patient’s permission) for third parties.
- Letters requested by patient addressed ‘To whom it may concern’.
- Signing of passport forms, driving licences and photographs.
- Sick notes issued in the first 7 days of illness.
- The above list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive.
Please see Private Fees tab for a price list.